Thursday, February 22, 2018


Version #11
It is angled down in the front so when the hatch is taken off you can get in and out of easier.
The wheel cover on the back wheel prevents air from being blown into the inside of the velomobile body. On the previous model it got quite cold on the back of my neck from the wind that was produced by the rear wheel spokes. Another nice thing about a wheel cover is it is more aerodynamic. I also made the hatch longer so I can stand up and not hit my legs against the front of the opening. I also added some obnoxious pin stripping so I stand out even more in traffic.

July 2018
. This design will fit most low profile trikes with a 31" to 33" front track width, such as KMX, Gekko, Catrike expedition and ICE Sprint. The design works great. In comparison to commercial built velomobiles there is a average of 1 1/2 to 2 mph lower speed difference, because the front area of the coroplast velomobile is wider. But the commercial models cost around $8,000 to $11,000. So that's a good trade off.  Below is a older screenshot of the CNC panels with the parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive